Wednesday 12 August 2015

China Apocalypse Now - Kilgore Quotes



China Apocalypse Now quotes from the infamous character, Lieutenant Colonel Kilgore of the PBOC played by Robert 'Deval'.

With thanks to  @5_min_macro @southernmacro  @georgemagnus1 ‏@Macronomics1 for their contributions as the theme that developed on twitter.




Kilgore: You can either surf the move, or you can fight it!

Willard: Are you crazy, Goddammit? Don't you think its a little risky to move the fix?
Kilgore: If I say its safe to move the fix, Captain, then its safe to move the fix! I mean, I'm not afraid to move the fix.  I'll fix it over the whole fucking place!

Kilgore: China don't suffer!

Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Carry, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of burning carry in the morning.

Kilgore: What the hell do you know about FX? You're from the goddamned SNB!

Kilgore: [Explaining what the PBOC helicopters use during market assaults] We use FX fixes. It scares the shit out of the markets. My boys love it!

Kilgore: I will not hurt or harm you. Just give me back my growth, Lance. It was good growth... and I like it. You know how hard it is to find growth you like...

Kilgore: [after the PBOC spectacularly knocks out a heavy FX positioning] Outstanding, Red Team, outstanding! Get you a case of beer for that one.

Kilgore: Lieutenant, bomb that fix about 300 points back! Give me some room to breathe!

Further quotes from PBOC Colonel Kurtz Kurtosis

Kurtosis:- I watched  USD/CNH crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare.....

Kurtosis: "The horror... the horror..."

Kurtosis: "Are my methods unsound?"
Willard:"I don't see any method at all, sir."

No comments: